1. Michigan legend Bo Schembechler was an Ohio boy, played and was head coach at Miami, and was an assistant to Woody Hayes at Ohio State. What city did Bo come from?
2. What Massillon High School product famously insisted only the good Ohio players get to attend Michigan, then failed to beat the Buckeyes during all three years of his eligibility?
3. What Michigan linebacker fathered three sons who played at Ohio State?
4. Bob and Tony were brothers who played against each other in the 1950 OSU-Michigan game. What last name did they share?
5. Which Michigan star earned a standing ovation from the Ohio Stadium crowd in his final collegiate game despite destroying the Buckeyes with a fine all-around performance?
6. Archie Griffin scored just one touchdown in four years against Michigan, but it was the game-winner. What season did it occur?
7. Chic Harley led Ohio State to its first victory ever at Michigan. What year did that take place?
8. This Buckeye coach beat Michigan the first four times he met them, and insisted the Wolverines put their pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else. Ever since, OSU players and coaches receive a trinket of gold pants for a victory over UM. Name the coach who inspired this tradition.
9. What Sandusky product and Wolverine defensive back intercepted an Ohio State pass, triggering Woody Hayes to shred the yard markers and throw them onto the field before a national TV audience in a 10-7 Michigan victory?
10. What OSU kicker missed the potential game-winning field goal in Columbus one year, costing the Buckeyes a Big Ten title, but drilled a shorter kick the following year that sealed an upset of Michigan in Ann Arbor?
Show me the answers!
Question 1: The correct answer is the Barberton.
Question 2: The correct answer is Dennis Frankin.
Question 3: The correct answer is Mike Boren.
Question 4: The correct answer is Momsen.
Question 5: The correct answer is Tom Harmon.
Question 6: The correct answer is 1972.
Question 7: The correct answer is 1919.
Question 8: The correct answer is Francis Schmidt.
Question 9: The correct answer is Thom Darden.
Question 10: The correct answer is Matt Frantz.
You answered them all right!